Hi,

I have changed a UIRef tag between versions of software
     from Version 1.0:   <UIRef ID="WixUI_FeatureTree" />
     to   Version 2.0:   <UIRef ID="WixUI_Advanced" />

     Wix Version 3.6

Now, when I run the Version 2.0 installer, it does not detect
the previous version, so instead of uninstalling during the upgrade
it installs a new version next to the existing version.

Intermediate versions upgraded fine (1.0->1.1->1.2).

The major changes in 2.0 are:
=============================
  1. A new sub-feature under the main <Feature ID="ProductFeature"...
  2. Change to the UIRef from WixUI_FeatureTree, to WixUI_Advanced
     to allow deployment to select from 'AllUsers' and 'Single User'

Remove Existing Products is defined as:
=======================================
<InstallExecuteSequence>
     <RemoveExistingProducts After='InstallInitialize' />

      <Custom Action=...

My product is defined as:
========================
#UpgradeCode# is consistent between versions
#ProductId# is changed between versions

<Product Id="#ProductId"
  UpgradeCode="#UpgradeCode#"
  Name="!(loc.ApplicationName)"
  Language="1033"
  Codepage="1252"
  Version="2.0.0"
  Manufacturer="!(loc.Manufacturer)">
     <Package
          Id="*"
          InstallerVersion="300"
          InstallPrivileges="elevated"
          Languages="1033"
          Compressed="yes"
          InstallScope="perMachine"
          Manufacturer="!(loc.Manufacturer)"
          SummaryCodepage="1252"
          Platform="x86"
          Description="!(loc.ApplicationName)"/>
           <Upgrade Id="#UpgradeCode#">
           <UpgradeVersion OnlyDetect="no" Property="PREVIOUSFOUND"
                           Minimum="1.0.0" IncludeMinimum="yes"
                           Maximum="2.0.0" IncludeMaximum="no"/>
           </Upgrade>

I am wondering if there is something that I can do
to force the installer to check the upgrade and perform
remove of previous version that is no longer being handled
following my changes.

Thank you,
Sheldon