Permissions are not cascaded down to subkeys. There might even be a
bug/feature request still outstanding for it.

-----Original Message-----
From: Chaitanya [mailto:chaita...@pointcross.com]
Sent: 06 December 2012 07:49
To: WiX-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] Regisytry Entry Permissions

Hi,

Iam assigning permissions to Registry.(Admin-Fullcontrol,User-Read)
permissions.

Iam using code like.

<util:PermissionEx User="Orchestra_User_Access" Read="yes"
ReadPermission="yes" GenericRead="yes" GenericExecute="yes"
ChangePermission="yes" />

          <util:PermissionEx User="Orchestra_Admin_Access" GenericAll="yes"
ChangePermission="yes"/>

But in my registry its not showing dat permissions is assigned to that user.

When I use.

<Permission User="Orchestra_Admin_Access" GenericAll="yes"
ChangePermission="yes"/>

This tag.permissions I assigned.but its not inherited.

Please help me how to assign permissions or to assign inheritance.

Thanks,

Chaitanya.

SDL PLC confidential, all rights reserved.
If you are not the intended recipient of this mail SDL requests and requires
that you delete it without acting upon or copying any of its contents, and we
further request that you advise us.
SDL PLC is a public limited company registered in England and Wales.
Registered number: 02675207.
Registered address: Globe House, Clivemont Road, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6 7DY,
UK.