I would wonder *WHY* you need an IP address in an install.   And *WHICH*
one do you need?  A machine can have multiple NICs with different versions
of TCP (4/6) configured.  Also your private IP might be different then your
public IP based on NAT and Proxies.

 From: "Chaitanya" <chaita...@pointcross.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2013 2:22 AM
To: "General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset."
<wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Read System IP adresss

Thanks for your help.
But I know how to write custom action.
Ill show u come commands how iam writing for my registry.
Ex: <RegistryValue Type="string" Name="DomainIndxPath"
Value="[TARGETDIR]Apps\Orchestra\Cache\DomainIndx" />
Reading my drive automatically.
<RegistryValue Type="string" Name="OrchFormsPath"
Value="http://[ComputerName]/OrchestraWeb/english/mails/Redirect.asp?"; />
Reading my computer name.
<RegistryValue Type="string" Name="BackGroundQueue"
Value="DIRECT=TCP:127.0.0.1\Private$\Orchestra" />
Upto now iam reading default IP address.
But I want Wix has to read my system Ip address.