Have you tried linking to the C++ runtimes statically instead of to the DLLs
? The target runtime might be missing on XP.

-----Original Message-----
From: Natalie Carr [mailto:natalie.c...@measuresoft.com]
Sent: 25 January 2013 10:35
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] Custom actions failing on XP

Hi along with my wix installer I have a dll created using the C++ custom
action project. However on running my setup on XP the custom actions are all
returning value 3 and failing. I believe they are not even getting entered as
the logs don't show them being initialized. I need help asap as I have to
resolve this quickly. Anyone any ideas what could be wrong? Please I am using
VS2012 if that could be the issue.

Kind Regards,

Natalie Carr

SDL PLC confidential, all rights reserved.
If you are not the intended recipient of this mail SDL requests and requires
that you delete it without acting upon or copying any of its contents, and we
further request that you advise us.
SDL PLC is a public limited company registered in England and Wales.
Registered number: 02675207.
Registered address: Globe House, Clivemont Road, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6 7DY,
UK.