From: Rob Mensching [mailto:r...@robmensching.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2013 6:45 AM
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Bundle Installer size issue

If your executable is signed then Windows will verify the signature before
launching the executable. For very large executables, that can take some time.
It's not a very great user experience. 300MB is about the breaking point for
user experience, especially if launched over network.

PS: if you have perf numbers showing the engine taking a while to load the BA,
I'd love to see them. That is a sensitive perf area we can try to improve with
data.