Hi,

I'm having issues trying to get a patch built with WiX (using the Patch
Creation Properties method) to apply to an MSI (also built with WiX) that has
been multi instance transformed. I've logged my efforts to get it working on
StackOverflow:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14814014/msi-multi-instance-installation-with-patches

Whenever I try and install the patch the Windows Installer immediately fails
with "The upgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows Installer service
because the program to upgraded may be missing, or the upgrade patch may update
a different version of the program." - so I'm assuming I need to do something
to the patch to make it work with the product code my instance is setup with. I
thought I'd only need to set AllowProductCodeMismatches="yes" on the
PatchCreation element, but that doesn't seem to have made the patch installable
- it will still install against a none-multi instance install though.

Is there anything else I need to do? I've tried suggestions to modify the patch
after build so that includes the new product code, but that doesn't seem to fix
the issue either.

Thanks,

Gareth Oakley
gareth.oak...@appsense.com