From: joshh [mailto:joshuadeanh...@gmail.com]
Sent: 13 February 2013 15:41
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] Why does changing INSTALLFOLDER cause InstallDirDlg to
break

I am trying to combine InstallScopeDlg and InstallDirDlg into a single UI and
have been trying to get it to set INSTALLFOLDER then call the InstallDirDlg
which causes an error.

I am changing the property with the following.

<Publish Dialog="InstallScopeDlg" Control="Next" Property="INSTALLFOLDER"
Value="[WixPerUserFolder]" Order="4">WixAppFolder = "WixPerUserFolder"</Publish>

Then if I publish to InstallDirDlg after changing this it breaks.

I am open to a better way of doing this also as I have just started using WiX.