Hi All,

I need to find (if possible) solution for following problem:

Installer (WiX 3.5) of our product must be able to be customized AFTER
compilation. This means that some data in installer (resource DLLs and
product name on installer UI) will be changed after compilation.

This is how it should work:
- We compile installer (call it "base installer")
- We do SOMETHING with base installer; as a result we have "customized
installers": A, B, C etc.
- Users install "customized installers" and have same product, but with
different DLLs.

What is the best way to achieve it? Possible ways:
1. Wrap "base installer" into some .exe file which will install product and
perform customization (but how?)
2. Implement some tricky custom action which will replace some files on
target machine. But I suppose installation will be broken because replaced
files will NOT be correctly uninstalled.

Why we need this feature: our customers distribute "customized installers",
and they want to separate creation of installer itself and creation of
specific "flavour" of installer.