Keeping in mind I discovered Wix about 2 weeks ago :-)

I apologize for not completely understanding, wix is new and I am still in
that learning curve...  Hopefully this snippet helps you better understand
my issue so I can better understand what is happening.

As far  as I know my references are correct and relatively straight
forward...

My lib file contains one big fragment:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Wix xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/wix/2006/wi";>
    <?include ..\lInstaller\UserVariableNames.wxi ?>

    <Fragment Id='FragmentCoreInstall'>

        <!-- Copy files to desired location using components -->
        <DirectoryRef Id="APPLICATIONROOTDIRECTORY">
        // bunch of files through individual components
       </DirectoryRef>

       <DirectoryRef Id="ShortcutsMenuFolder">
        // Various application shortcuts to be moved out
       </DirectoryRef>

    </Fragment>
</Wix>

I then take this whole section (<DirectoryRef Id="ShortcutsMenuFolder">) and
copy it in Product.wxs right after the directory section.
How do I know if the references are not broken?