I did more tests, I found out that the problem occur only when I do a
major upgrade using the parameter /qb on the msiexec command line. If
the installer is launched without the /qb option, my vbscript can get
features' state without any problem.

I understand that /qb skips InstallUISequence table, but I don't define
any InstallUISequence in my .wxs.

In a verbose log, I can see that the MigrateFeatureStates action is
executed, and the features are set to the right state.

What could be wrong?

Thank you.

Eric Prévost