I was wondering if someone might be able to point me in the right
direction here-

I have a Custom Action that triggers a small batch file to update a log
file when the MSI completes. Here's the WiX source snippet:

<CustomAction Id="RunLogUpdate"
               Directory="Workstation_1"
              ExeCommand="cmd.exe /c
&quot;[Workstation_1]LogUpdate.bat&quot;"
                  Return="ignore"
                 Execute="commit" />

This has worked well for me on my Windows XP machines and on Windows 7
machines - with the UAC disabled.

However, recently one of my customers noted these batch-file created
logs on his systems were not getting updated. Looking a bit deeper we
saw the log file was getting "Error 5 -access denied" when it is invoked
by the MSI on a machine where UAC is enabled.

Based on this observation, I am theorizing that, though the MSI itself
has sufficient rights to perform its actions, it is *not* endowing the
child process (the batch file) with the same permission levels. :(

If this is the case, is there a way to make sure the spawned script runs
with the same permissions as the MSI?

TIA!

Vern

--
Vern Graner CNE/CNA/SSE    | "If the network is down, then you're
Senior Systems Engineer    | obviously incompetent so why are we