 From: "Rob Mensching" <r...@robmensching.com>
Sent: Saturday, March 02, 2013 9:12 AM
To: "General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset."
<wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Burn Install / Uninstall Scenario

 Since two people have already noted this is really hackish, I think the
way to get a) is:   1. Mark the MsiPackage/@Permanent='yes'. That will
prevent uninstall.   2. Make the ExePackage/@DetectCondition true even
though the MSI is not yet installed.  That way Burn thinks there is nothing
to do on install and will run the UninstallCommand during uninstall.
This is incredibly hackish.

On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 1:10 AM, Neil Sleightholm <n...@x2systems.com>