I don't know of a way.  Have you considered upgrading to WiX 3.6 and
implementing a custom bootstrapper application using Burn?

I can only imagine plenty of examples must exist in Redmond to get you
started.

 From: "Raghu" <raghu_ti...@yahoo.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 06, 2013 8:33 PM
To: "wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net" <wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: [WiX-users] How to suppress MSI error dialogs using Wix

I am using Wix 2.0 to author an MSI in which I have an edit control which
restricts the number of characters to say 100. Now the thing is in a corner
case test scenario when I copy paste text > 100 characters the installer is
unhappy and throws an error dialog saying something on the lines of
"unexpected error installing this package. Error code is 2893."

Now I understand the error code and its reasoning, my question is can I do
something to suppress this dialog, might not be the best of solutions but
trying to avoid un-necessary user distraction.
Thanks.,

Raghu
Microsoft Corp, Redmond.