I've seen tangential posts regarding this, but no answer quite fit what I was
looking for.
I have a bootstrapper which will install several prereq's and then my product's
MSI.  In testing, I noticed that if the product is uninstalled from ARP and
then the bootstrapper is run it thinks it is still installed and provides
options to uninstall or repair.  Obviously this is a confusing experience for
the user.  I found digging through the forums the suggestion of setting visible
on the msi package to no will hide the msi in the ARP and this allows the
bootstrapper to be the parent.  I set visible to false and now I get no ARP
entry at all, not even for the bootstrapper.  This is my bundle node:

  <Bundle Name="$(var.ProductName)"
           IconSourceFile="InstallerFiles\$(var.SetupIcon)"
ParentName="$(var.ProductName)"
            Version="$(var.ProductVersion)"  Manufacturer="DGI, Inc."
            Condition="((VersionNT >= v5.1) AND (ServicePackLevel >= 2)) OR
((VersionNT >= v5.2) AND (ServicePackLevel >= 2)) OR (VersionNT >= v6.0)"
           UpgradeCode="$(var.UpgradeCode)">

Any ideas why the bootstrapper is not appearing in the ARP?