Hi,

Our product may ship database changes in a Patch.

The database may be shared between users.

We are not recording the current state of the database - like save the
Upgrade Code, Product Code and Patch Code in a table in the database, so we
can't derive whether the database has already been rolled back. Its been
considered but its quite complex to make foolproof.

When the Patch needs to be removed, only one user must rollback the
database changes. This means we need to ask the uninstaller whether or not
to uninstall the database changes.

In Programs and Features there is just an Uninstall option, which can be
removed. When you uninstall there is no UI. And by default the database is
not rolled back, of course.

Can a UI be added?

(I know the command line can be used. Thats what we already tell our users.
We would just like the most common method used to uninstall the patch -
Programs & Features - to prompt for database rollback.)

warm regards

Rob Goodridge