From: Rob Mensching [mailto:r...@robmensching.com]
Sent: April 1, 2013 13:58
To: afor...@cmu.edu; General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Change content of Config file after installation

Use XmlFile or XmlConfig (still custom actions but you don't have to write the
code yourself <smile/>).

On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 10:53 AM, Alain Forget <afor...@cmu.edu> wrote:

        I want to do something similar as well, but from what I've found, file
I/O through WiX is generally not possible (aside from
        creating a custom action running an external program that does the file
I/O).

        Hopefully a simpler solution exists?

        Alain