I agree.  But, without a "built in" way of doing this, and with management
expecting what previously worked with Wise to work with Wix, it iwa the best I
could come up with.

________________________________
 From: Rob Mensching <r...@robmensching.com>
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
<wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Saturday, April 6, 2013 10:11 AM
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Bundle Version and patching

That's a pretty scary hack to me. I could see us doing things in the future
that totally get confused doing that. It seems like this would be a better
feature request for the engine to handle. The behavior you are seeing right
now is completely expected but I can totally see why it'd be nice if patch
bundles could up the related bundle version.