Interesting problem:

One of our products uses the System.Management.Automation.dll assembly from
AppFabric 2.0.  It has AssemblyVersion 1.0.0.0 and AssemblyFileVersion
6.1.7600.16385.

The System.Management.Automation.dll assembly that appears to come with
AppFabric 2.1 or PowerShell v3.0 has AssemblyVersion 3.0.0.0 but no
AssemblyFileVersion.

I observe that I can set the DefaultVersion on this assembly in the File
element and it takes.

Since I may be called upon to upgrade the old assembly with the new one to
support Server 2012 in the near future, what is the best practice to deal with
this animal?

--
John Merryweather Cooper
Build & Install Engineer - ESA