Seems to me that I remember reading something in Nick Ramirez' book that the
components are ordered in the table based upon the component id and that you
could speed up our installation by including the folder path in the
component id. This would order your files by directory so that the installer
is not jumping back and forth all the time from one folder to another. With
7000 files, perhaps that could be contributing to the slowness issue you are
seeing. Might be worth a try. Good Luck!