Hi,

Following scenario:
WiX 3.6, build same solution as 2 bundles: one all containing for the web
and another for a CD image.
Now I have the issue that PackageWeb runs even when PackageCD is already
installed. Digging in the mailing list I understood that here some
kind of BundleID
is set at each build which stipulates exactly that behavior.

What is the recommended way to handle that? Custom BAL using
OnDetectRelatedBundle() seems to have a possibility to handle that. So
something to prevent a second install with same version + bundle
upgradeCode but different "BundleID" can be implemented. But is there
another approach available? Or are there plans to make that Bundle ID
available to be set by property in future WiX versions?

Any ideas appreciated.

Regards,
Tobias