(WIXUI_DONTVALIDATEPATH OR (WIXUI_INSTALLDIR_VALID = "1")) AND NOT (KEYS ><
"SomeString") AND (KEYS >< "OtherString")

Though I am betting >< should be !=

-----Original Message-----
From: Philippe Gorley [mailto:gorley.phili...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, April 26, 2013 8:51 AM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] ICE03 Bad conditional string

I've moved all my Publish tags to a separate file, but I keep getting ICE03 Bad
conditional string errors. Here's what the conditions that blow up look like (I
do put them in CDATA tags):

(WIXUI_DONTVALIDATEPATH OR WIXUI_INSTALLDIR_VALID = "1") AND NOT (KEYS ><
"SomeString") AND (KEYS >< "OtherString")

The problem seems to be with the OR. If I take it out, it works fine. But to
me, the condition should be fine. According to MSDN, parenthese can be used to
override operator precedence.

Am I missing something?

Thanks.