于02 May 2013 17:31:10,Thomas Due写到:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to grasp the concept of minor and small upgrades, but I am having
> some trouble with getting it to work.
>
> First of all, it doesn't seem to work at all with 3.7.
> I have downgraded my WiX to 3.5, and there something happens at least, but my
> msp seems to be empty when I examine it with instead
> (http://www.instedit.com/).
>
> A bit about what I do:
> I have a fairly complex installer with a couple of hundred files total,
> divided among 4 features. I build this with TeamCity, and I have two separate
> installers (no real changes, except for the version nummer - 1.2.0.22679 and
> 1.2.5.22754). I imagine that this should be enough to generate something.
>
> I have a build script, a simple batch file, which executes the four steps
> described in both the WiX doc and Nick Ramirez' book.
>
> My patch.wxs then includes a couple of file components, as I want these
> replaces (mind you, I am still in the testing phase, trying to understand the
> concept).
>
> First my "build script":
> =======================================
> "%wixdir%bin\torch.exe" -p -xi %oldmsi% %newmsi% -v -out diff.wixmst
> "%wixdir%bin\candle.exe" -v Patch.wxs
> "%wixdir%bin\Light.exe" -v Patch.wixobj -out patch.wixmsp
> "%wixdir%bin\pyro.exe" -v "patch.wixmsp -out patch.msp -t Patch diff.wixmst
>
> %oldmsi% and %newmsi" are complete paths to the wixpdb files for respectively
> old and new installer.
> Then my Patch.wsx:
> <Wix xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/wix/2006/wi"; >
>     <?include BuildVariables.wxi ?>
>     <Patch AllowRemoval="yes"
>            Classification="Update"
>            Manufacturer="$(var.Manufacturer)"
>            Description="Patch"
>            DisplayName="Patch $(var.CurVersion)">
>         <Media Id="1000" Cabinet="´Patch.cab" EmbedCab="yes">
>             <PatchBaseline Id="Patch" />
>         </Media>
>         <PatchFamily Id="ScanXNETPatchFamily"
>                      Version="$(var.CurVersion)"
>                      Supersede="yes">
>             <ComponentRef Id="ComponentCommonExtensions" />
>             <ComponentRef Id="ComponentMainClient"/>
>         </PatchFamily>
>     </Patch>
> </Wix>
>
> BuildVariables.wxi is simply a number of preprocessor variables, which is
> shared with the installer project.
>
> Now, as I said, with 3.7 I get this result:
> Updating file information.
> Creating cabinet files.
> There will be '8' threads used to produce CAB files.
> Patch.wxs(20) : warning PYRO1079 : The cabinet 'ïPatch.cab' does not contain
> any files.  If this patch contains no files, this warning can likely be
> safely ignored.  Otherwise, try passing -p to torch.exe when first building
> the transforms, or add a ComponentRef to your PatchFamily authoring to pull
> changed files into the cabinet.
> Creating cabinet '\Local\Temp\kvov1bbk\#ïPatch.cab'.
> Generating database.
> [...]

Sounds wixpdb files only contain infomation about where to find the
files.
For example,
1,You have a ".\a.txt" file,it's content is "old version".
2,After you build the old version,"old.wixpdb" refer to ".\a.txt".
3,You change the ".\a.txt"'s content to "new version".
4,You build the new version,now "new.wixpdb" also refer to ".\a.txt".
5,You use torch.exe to calculate the difference between the
"old.wixpdb" and "new.wixpdb", they both refer to ".\a.txt" and the
content is "new version".

Maybe you can put the old version files and new version files in
different directory and try.