From: Chad Petersen [mailto:chad.peter...@harlandfs.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 02, 2013 4:54 PM
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Hide/blank out Passwords in MSI log file

If possible paste in a snippet of your log file around where the password is
seen. I tried for a long time to hide passwords using the same method. But it
was some built-in custom actions that were logging my passwords rather than
code I'd written myself.

<Property Id="ConfigureIIsExec" Hidden="yes"/> <Property Id="ExecuteSqlStrings"
Hidden="yes"/>

These were two entries that I made to make those extensions hide the data
passed to them, such as my password.