Running Wix 3.6, I had to follow one of many examples on the net on adding
<PackageGroup> to my code to check/install .NET 4.0, just to get my Setup to
build.

Here's the thing...I know Setup requires .NET to run, but I DON"T want to check
for .NET, and I don't want to package the .NET installer.  .NET is a Windows
feature that is turned on by default on Windows Server platform that my
applications runs on, and internally we check the .NET version anyway.  We
don't want to add an extra EXE to our deployment, and we don't want to embed it
in our Setup.  Is there a way to build a boostrapper without .NET checking?

All the example code I have seen have the .NET <PackageGroup>/<PackageGroupRef>
code.  Is there an example of boostrapper code that doesn't require a .NET
package?  If I remove these Package statements, it doesn't compile either.

Thanks,

George