Hi,

I have one MSI, with a bunch of compressed files in an embedded cab, and
one readme next to the install as an uncompressed file. This file is still
in the installer, it's just got the nonCompressed bit set. This is so we
can update the readme right up until release with late-breaking information.

This all works fine for fresh installs and upgrades, as long as that file
is present. I that file is not present, we get this:

Error 1308. Source file not found:
C:\Users\Neil.Owen\Desktop\10.0.4.1157\ReadMeFirst_EN.htm. Verify that the
file exists and that you can access it.
That makes perfect sense.

The issue is that this is not happening on upgrade. What's happening on
upgrade if the readme file is missing is that the same error is being
published as an Info message, and the install carries on merrily:

Info 1308. Source file not found:
C:\Users\Neil.Owen\Desktop\10.0.4.1157\ReadMeFirst_EN.htm. Verify that the
file exists and that you can access it.
There's a few ways we can work around this (either not having the file
uncompressed like this or by having an action which checks for the presence
of the file). However, what I'd like to understand is why MSI is turning
this Error message into an Info message on upgrade.

Any ideas?

Thanks