Hello,

I have an installer where I am using two Custom Actions to create a
scheduled task on installation and reinstallation, and delete during
uninstallation. I have verified the actions themselves do what I need. They
are scheduled like the following:

<InstallExecuteSequence>
      <Custom Action="CreateUpdateTask" After="RemoveExistingProducts">Not
Installed or REINSTALL</Custom>
      <Custom Action="DeleteUpdateTask"
Before="RemoveFiles">Installed</Custom>
    </InstallExecuteSequence>

What this task does is call a script that checks the version of my program
and the advertised latest version (via http), then downloads and uses
msiexec to install the latest package if the local one is not the most
current.

Everything works unless I accidentally pull a package of the same version I
already have installed. When this happens, the task runs and gets deleted,
but it never actually recreates itself. The rest of the reinstallation
(which I believe MSI sees as a repair) completes correctly.

In a nutshell, going from version X to version Y works correctly. The task
is deleted and recreated.
Going from version X to version X deletes my task and never recreates it.

I have included a larger snippet of what I believe to be the problem
section:

<Property Id="SCHTASKS"></Property>
    <CustomAction Property="SCHTASKS" Id="CreateUpdateTask" Return="check"
                  ExeCommand="/create /sc daily /tn &quot;Update
DDMonitor&quot; /st 00:00:00 /sd 01/01/2006 /tr &quot;powershell.exe
-noprofile -executionpolicy Unrestricted -file
'[INSTALLFOLDER]update.ps1'&quot; /ru SYSTEM" />
    <CustomAction Property="SCHTASKS" Id="DeleteUpdateTask" Return="ignore"
Execute="commit"
                  ExeCommand="/delete /f /tn &quot;Update
DDMonitor&quot;"></CustomAction>
    <InstallExecuteSequence>
      <Custom Action="CreateUpdateTask" After="RemoveExistingProducts">Not
Installed or Reinstall</Custom>
      <Custom Action="DeleteUpdateTask"
Before="RemoveFiles">Installed</Custom>
    </InstallExecuteSequence>