From: Tad Carlucci [mailto:tad.carlu...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, June 17, 2013 07:01
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] How to handle multiple versions

Can someone point me in the direction to reach this goal:

My requirement is for three flavors of the application: Lite, Basic, and
Premium; each released as a separate MSI package.

The user can only move up the chain.  For example, if the Basic is installed,
Lite cannot be installed.  If, in the future, that user installs Premium, any
Basic installation must be removed.

Updates will be synchronous, bumping the version numbers of all three packages
at the same time.  Thus, if the user has Basic 1.2.0 installed, the user may
install any later version or Basic, or switch a Premium version 1.2.0 or later.
 But that user can not install any Lite package, or any earlier Basic package.