Ok, I implemented it via a C# Custom action. Just a handful of lines...

I also thought about extending the PermissionEx element by adding a
Condition property. I briefly looked at the WIX source and it doesn't look
that hard. Much harder is getting the WIX source to build. Is there any
documentation on this? I only need to compile the WixUtil extension, not the
whole thing.

@Rob: Do you see this extension as a probably feature for WIX? If I get the
build process to work, I could implement the feature and create a pull
request from it.

Kind regards,
Henning