I don't think that's accurate.  The CopyFile element expresses data for
both the MoveFiles table and DuplicateFiles table.  I use it to make copies
of files all the time.

 From: "Stephane Fagnan" <stephane...@hotmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, July 07, 2013 2:20 PM
To: "General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset."
<wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] WiX v3.7 - CopyFile not working

I discovered that the folder is not being moved because CopyFile only
supports moving files, not folders. I will have to do this a different way.
Thanks anyway!

> From: os...@live.com
> To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
> Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2013 01:29:43 -0700
> Subject: Re: [WiX-users] WiX v3.7 - CopyFile not working
>
> Look for all lines in the log referring to the MoveFiles action to see if
your file move operation shows up there or not.

> > From: stephane...@hotmail.com
> > To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
> > Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 23:37:08 -0600
> > Subject: [WiX-users] WiX v3.7 - CopyFile not working
> >
> > I'm creating a major upgrade for a program using WiX. The last version
of the program had a data file that is always found in C:\. I am allowing
the user to either keep the file in the same location or select a different
location.
> > I am using a CopyFile element to move the file, which looks like this:
> >
> > <DirectoryRef Id="TARGETDIR">  <Component Id="CMP_Data"
Guid="{C35F8888-D868-4B18-991E-29E217EFE445}" KeyPath="yes">    <CopyFile
Id="CopyData" DestinationDirectory="DATALOCATION" DestinationName="Remindex
Local Data" SourceProperty="ORIGINALDATA"  SourceName="Remindex Local Data"
Delete="yes"/>  </Component></DirectoryRef>

> > DATALOCATION is a property which contains the path the user chooses in
a PathEdit dialog. ORIGINALDATA is the original location of the files to be
moved. They both also serve as ID's for Directories in my directory
structure.
> > The files should be moved from ORIGINALDATA to DATALOCATION. However,
nothing is happening. I tried putting ORIGINALDATA in both the
SourceDirectory and SourceProperty attributes.
> > There are no errors showing up in the log file. I don't know if this
helps, but here are the only three instances where CMP_Data shows up in the
log: