Each merge Module contains 3 file elements (one or two dll's and a .config
file) and a bunch of Custom Actions
I have about 10 wixlibs that are shared between the Merge Modules (dll's that
are shared between the merge modules but are installed to different directories)
Each merge module is a different service... I have 5 merge modules.

So are you saying to "convert" each merge module to a wixlib? Can I still share
the wixlibs within a wixlib?

Here is a typical Merge Module (I have excluded the custom actions, about 10 of
them)
<Binary Id="BIN_CustomActionMM" SuppressModularization="yes"
SourceFile="$(var.<some company>InstallerCAMM)"/>

    <Directory Id="TARGETDIR" Name="SourceDir">
      <Directory Id="WixLibRedirectFolder" Name="EnterpriseSettingsService">

        <Component Id="cmp_EnterpriseSettingsDll" Guid="<some GUID>">
          <File Id="file_EnterpriseSettingsDll" KeyPath="yes" Name="<some
company>.Enterprise.Settings.dll" Source="$(var.tssSourcePath)\<some
company>.Enterprise.Settings.Host\<some company>.Enterprise.Settings.dll" />
          <ServiceControl Id="StartSettingsService" Name="<some
company>.Enterprise.Settings" Stop="both" Wait="yes" />
          <RemoveFolder Id="RemoveSSFolder" Directory="WixLibRedirectFolder"
On="uninstall" />
          </Component>
        <Component Id="cmp_SEventLog" Guid="<some GUID>" KeyPath="yes">
          <util:EventSource Name="Settings Service"

EventMessageFile="[NETFRAMEWORK40FULLINSTALLROOTDIR]EventLogMessages.dll"
                            Log="<some company> Labs"/>
          <Condition><![CDATA[NOT Installed AND NOT VersionNT64]]></Condition>
        </Component>
        <Component Id="cmp_SEventLogx64" Guid="<some GUID>" KeyPath="yes">
          <util:EventSource Name="Settings Service"

EventMessageFile="[NETFRAMEWORK40FULLINSTALLROOTDIR64]EventLogMessages.dll"
                            Log="<some company> Labs"/>
          <Condition><![CDATA[NOT Installed AND VersionNT64]]></Condition>
        </Component>
        <Component Id="cmp_EnterpriseSettingsHostDll" Guid="<some GUID>">
          <File Id="file_EnterpriseSettingsHostDll" KeyPath="yes"
Source="$(var.tssSourcePath)\<some company>.Enterprise.Settings.Host\<some
company>.Enterprise.Settings.Host.dll" />
          </Component>
        <Component Id="cmp_EnterpriseSettingsDllConfig" Guid="<some GUID>">
          <File Id="file_EnterpriseSettingsDllConfig" KeyPath="yes" Name="<some
company>.Enterprise.Settings.Host.dll.config"
Source="$(var.tssSourcePath)\<some company>.Enterprise.Settings.Host\<some
company>.Enterprise.Settings.Host.dll.config" />
          </Component>

        </Directory>
      </Directory>

    <!-- Shared services files -->
    <ComponentGroupRef Id="cmpgrp_NServiceBus" />
    <ComponentGroupRef Id="cmpgrp_SharedServiceFiles" />
    <ComponentGroupRef Id="cmpgrp_WcfServiceBehaviors"/>
    <ComponentGroupRef Id="cmpgrp_<some company>SharedDataDlls"/>
    <ComponentGroupRef Id="cmpgrp_<some company>InternalSettings"/>
    <ComponentGroupRef Id="cmpgrp_Log4Net"/>
    <ComponentGroupRef Id="cmpgrp_DomainTypes"/>
    <ComponentGroupRef Id="cmpgrp_SharedServicesUnityFiles"/>
    <ComponentGroupRef Id="cmpgrp_<some company>Common"/>

    <PropertyRef Id="NETFRAMEWORK40FULLINSTALLROOTDIR"/>
    <PropertyRef Id="NETFRAMEWORK40FULLINSTALLROOTDIR64"/>
    <Property Id="SERVER_INSTALL" Secure="yes" SuppressModularization="yes"/>
    <Property Id="DIRECTORY_PATH_SERVICES" Secure="yes"
SuppressModularization="yes"/>
    <Property Id="SETTINGS_SERVICE_PATH" Secure="yes"
SuppressModularization="yes"/>
    <Property Id="SERVICESLOGLEVEL" Secure="yes" SuppressModularization="yes"/>