Pally Sandher wrote
> A redistributable requiring an internet connection to install defeats the
> entire purpose of it being a redistributable. Have you tried it or is this
> purely conjecture? It works perfectly fine for me on VM's without internet
> access if I dump the required file into .\redist\

I read my logs to quickly. Indeed I get a request failure:
Error 0x80072ee7: Failed to send request to URL:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=247729, trying to process HTTP status
code anyway.

But I have first the following (which doesn't give me an error by the way):
Prompt for source of package: NetFx40Redist, payload: NetFx40Redist, path:
C:\Users\thomas.fresneau\Desktop\redist\dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe

So I guess you are right, it doesn't need any connection if it finds the
file dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe in .\redist\.
However, I am confused. Do you mean you simply add a directory redist next
to your setup? I would have wanted one single executable containing all my
redistributables with my application installer.

Thanks a lot,

Thomas