You can only do this with TEMPORARY updates once the installer is running.
Maybe this blog article will help:

http://blog.iswix.com/2008/07/dynamic-windows-installer-ui.html

 From: "Enrique Domínguez" <edoming...@goalsystems.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 23, 2013 6:10 AM
To: "wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net" <wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: [WiX-users] Updating msi database (install time)

Hi, I'm working with wix-3.6 over VS2005 and I'm trying to make an update in a
custom action at install time, for changing installer's banners. It's C# code
and looks like:
Microsoft.Deployment.WindowsInstaller.Database db = session.Database;
string stSQL = @"UPDATE `Control` SET `Text`=? WHERE `Type`='Bitmap' AND
`Control`='BannerBitmap'";
Microsoft.Deployment.WindowsInstaller.Record rc = db.CreateRecord(1);
Microsoft.Deployment.WindowsInstaller.View vw=db.OpenView(stSQL);
rc.SetString(1, MyBannerBmp);
vw.Execute(rc);
rc.SetString(1, MyDialogBmp);
vw.Execute(rc);
But UPDATE always fails with: 'Database Table(s) Update Failed' at vw.Execute
line. I have tested a couple of different ways, always failing. Please, could
somebody pointing me in right direction?
I suppose as I was able to update PROPERTIES, I could update Control table
fields.
Thanks a lot. Best regards,
Enrique Dominguez