This is VERY COOL.

I am working on my first WiX bundle and was just getting to the point where
I need to get it working in JEFIGS +Ch Simplified.  I quickly implemented
the steps you posted with the one exception that I created a Payload entry
for a 1033 sub folder, which it uses by default rather than the file listed
as /@ThemeFile.  My test box is currently configured for Windows 8, English
or German.  It did not automatically select the language based on the users
Language and Region setting, which is what I eventually need.  But launching
my setup with -lang 1031 (or each of the other IDs) clearly displays my
modified localized .wxl strings for the language identified.  I did this
using HyperlinkTheme.wxl.

In my past experience with localizing (non-WiX) setup dialogs, after the
translators do their magic there is generally a need to readjust the control
sizes.  I assume that I should put the HyperlinkTheme.xml in each resource
folder for each language were layout sizes need to change, and add a
corresponding Payload element.  Something like?

"
<Payload Id="theme_de_de" Compressed="yes"  Name="1031\thm.xml"
SourceFile="theme\1031\HyperlinkTheme.xml"/>
"

One other note is that I originally added each theme subfolder and file to
my project in VS2010 to edit the files.  However the linker throws a ton of
duplicate symbol errors.  So for now I removed them but I assume I could add
them back into the project and change the project settings to exclude them
from the linker.  I can work on these  issues tomorrow.   Thanks ALOT for
this info.  Phill