Hi all,

my problem is this:

I have to deal with MSIs that are out in the wild (created with Wise); our
next MSIs will be created with Wix since Wise doesn't exist anymore.

These old MSIs have installed an inifile that needs to survive a major
upgrade coming from the new Wix based MSI.

>From decompiling an old MSI I conclude that it contained a custom DLL used
to make a backup of said inifile and then copy it back into place at then
end of the upgrade.

Will I have to do the same or is there (much preferred) a way to achieve
this without a custom dll?

TIA,
Kai

PS: Blair - thank you much for all your answers - much appreciated!