Two ways:

1. Follow the directions in the chm for "msbuild daily builds".
2. Install the resulting installation exe.

Your choice.

Kenneth Porter <sh...@sewingwitch.com> wrote:

--On Monday, August 19, 2013 10:50 AM -0700 Kenneth Porter
<sh...@sewingwitch.com> wrote:

> Aha. I ran MSBuild in .\tools and it ran both 32 and 64 bit versions of
> sn  to exclude everything from verification, and now the non-elevated
> build  seems to be proceeding to completion.

I tried this on a second system, running Win7-32, and it can't complete
that operation on a fresh clone. (Alas, I didn't grab the error message.)
So I ran the non-elevated build until I got the error, which pulls some
tools from another web site, and then went back and ran the tools directory
build, which completed successfully. So now the non-elevated build on the
second machine is proceeding.

Next question: How do I tell Visual Studio 2010 to use this development
build instead of the normal WiX installation? How does the IDE find WiX?
Path? Environment variable? Registry setting?