I have an application which uses Shell extensions to add a menu in Windows
Explorer, however I would like the installer to have a fallback if the user
is not able to give the installer admin rights in which the user can access
the functionality without using menus/toolbar in Windows Explorer. The
Dropbox installer does the same thing.

Does anyone have an example or other resources which could help me getting
this working.

For information - I'm using WIX 3.7 and Burn bootstrapper. Is this
something the bootstrapper should handle? Will the Burn bootstrapper be
able to do this or do I have to use a different bootstrapper/modify Burn?

--
Trond