You can still use the WiX ServiceControl element to stop the service at
uninstall time. There's no requirement that the ServiceControl table refer
to services that you're installing. The files-in-use logic will detect that
the service is going to be stopped and will not show the files-in-use
dialog.

Phil Wilson