As Edwin says, you didn't get any responses because it looks ok. So:

1. Just as a sanity check, make sure the service hasn't been marked
Disabled. You mention it's stopped, but I just want to distinguish between
"process not running" and its state in the services view.

2. Another sanity check, use Orca to make sure you have a DeleteServices
action in an appropriate place.

3. I would not recommend looking at any other solutions until the reason
behind this has been found. All this stuff has worked for ever, so check a
verbose log, and see what DeleteServices says.

Phil Wilson