Hi all - I just changed one of our installers from the old VS2010 bootstrapper
to the burn 3.7 and am generally liking it.  I do have a question about the
best way to approach one scenario though.

The main product, let's call it "Q", can have another optional product
installed, say "B".  Ideally Q should not be uninstalled before B is
uninstalled.  The way this was done in the past is a launch condition in Q's
MSI which looks for a registry entry set by B.  If Q was uninstalled before B,
then an error message box would pop up.

The problem is that on uninstall with Burn the message box showing the error
"Sorry you must uninstall B first" is suppressed.  The uninstall fails, and the
user is prompted to look at the Burn log, which doesn't say much.   The MSI log
does have the message, but the user would have to know to look there, and for
end users we'd really prefer to have something more friendly.

Right now we are using the standard BA.  I know it's possible to have bundle
conditions and MSI package conditions, but I'm not sure if we can detect the
uninstall at that level.  I was thinking of moving the uninstall launch
condition from Q's MSI into the bootstrapper, but am not sure if this would be
the right way to go.

Thanks for any assistance/guidance !
-Rob