Microsoft says: "Using PowerShell 2.0 with .NET Framework 4.0 is not
supported. While it is possible to force PowerShell 2.0 to run with
.NET Framework 4.0 using various mechanisms such as creating a config
file for PowerShell or editing the registry, these mechanisms aren't
supported and can have negative side effects on other PowerShell
functionality such as PowerShell remoting and cmdlets with mixed-mode
assemblies."

--
Nicolás