I have a MBA which I am trying to localize.  The MBA is structured like WixBA
in the Wix source.  The MBA has been functional until I tried to add
localization.  I installed the WPFLocalizationExtension and followed samples
from that site (https://wpflocalizeextension.codeplex.com/).  I am having a
problem which I described here:
https://wpflocalizeextension.codeplex.com/discussions/461709

I have not heard back on those posts so maybe someone here can provide
advice.

To boil it all down if I use the x:Static syntax then at runtime the
localized string is properly displayed.   But when using
WPFLocalizationExtension one should use the lex:loc syntax, which does not
work for me at runtime but does work in the 'design view'.

Additionally if I set the following code on a TextBlock element
Text="{lex:Loc Key=MyKey, Assembly=MyAssembly, Dict=Resources,
ForceCulture=de }"

The correct localized string is displayed.  But if I do

Text="{lex:Loc Key=MyKey, Assembly=MyAssembly, Dict=Resources }"

It always displays the 'neutral' string rather than localized string for the
OS I am running on.  But it is finding the 'neutral' string.

However the following does display the localized string for the culture set
on the test system.
Text="{x:Static props:Resources.QumuProduct}"  (where props: is the
application.properties)

I do have code in the ModelView which sets the XmlLanguage attribute based
on the threads currentUIculture.

Any advice would be appreciated.