From: Blair Murri [mailto:os...@live.com]
Sent: 29 October 2013 09:28 AM
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Force replace files when applying patch

What did the log say happened?

Blair

From: Christoffel le Roux
Sent: ‎Monday‎, ‎October‎ ‎28‎, ‎2013 ‎6‎:‎08‎ ‎AM
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.

Hi, When try to patch non-versioned files, the files does not get replaced when
the file on the disk was changed by the user, I know this is by design, but I
need to  patch some configuration files that the user was allowed to update,
lets say it's a web.config file, when some additional content was added to the
web.config file from the build,  I need to remove the file the user updated and
replace it with the file in the delta, is there any way that I can force the
files to get reinstalled.

I did add a removefile element to the files like so:

  <Component Id="comp_12D9BA535F5443E0B23AF72ED10A3385"
Guid="BC0D1156-F478-4051-BFAF-8FF5AD1EFC1B">

          <File Id="file_EF33C85A5F3F430DAA97E17D618E4CD2" KeyPath="yes"
Source="$(var.BinariesBuildOutputPath)\web.config " />

                    <RemoveFile
Id="remove_comp_12D9BA535F5443E0B23AF72ED10A3385" Name=" web.config "
On="install" />

           </Component>

But after the patch was applied the the web site had significant less files
than what is was supposed to have.

Please can anyone make any suggestions

Thanks in advanced.

This information is intended only for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain private, confidential, proprietary and/or privileged
material and may be subject to confidentiality agreements. Any review,
retransmission, dissemination, or any other use of or taking of any action in
reliance upon this information, by persons or entities other than the intended
recipient, is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the
sender and delete the material from all storage media. FlowCentric is neither
liable for proper, complete transmission of the information contained in this
communication, any delay in its receipt or that the mail is virus-free.