From burn you would need to specify the transform to use via a burn property
that you set in the burn ui and/or the command-line. It is easier if you always
have a transform (even for your base language) in that scenario.

Blair

From: uni
Sent: ‎Tuesday‎, ‎November‎ ‎05‎, ‎2013 ‎10‎:‎07‎ ‎PM
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.

Recently I also run into the same requirements.

See this,
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa370074%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

The MsiDatabaseApplyTransform's documentation mentioned,
"This function cannot be called from custom actions. A call to this function
from a custom action causes the function to fail."

So in my opinion it sounds impossible or inappropriate to do this within the
msi.
But using burn to achieve this is also awkward.
In my case, all UI is in the msi, and we only need a bootstrapper to show
the language selection dialog, and apply the selected language's mst to msi.