The CustomAction tag inside of the UtilExtension for the deferred portion of
the XmlFile custom action doesn't have the HideTarget attribute set. I thought
there was an issue opened on that at some point, but I don't recall right now.

You could update the MSI post-binding to set that bit in the custom action
attributes.