2013/12/2 dileep s <dileep.sanamp...@gmail.com>:
> On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 1:21 PM, Blair Murri <os...@live.com> wrote:
>> I was referring to the code in SampleDLL.dll. I assume you are not
>> creating your UI in DllMain(). There is a method that you export where your
>> UI is created that Burn calls.
>
> Hi Blair,
>
> The following code is in SampleDLL.dll
> DLL Main() in c++ custom action project:
>
> switch(ulReason)
> {
> Case DLL_PROCESS_ATTACH:
> {
>   int ret = ::DialogBoxParam(hInst, MAKEINTRESOURCE(IDD_DIALOG1), 0,
> DlgProc,0);
> }
>
> break;
>
> }

I never even used Burn, but from Blair's message, I guess that's your
problem: you're starting your UI from DllMain. You should instead
create your UI from IBootstrapperApplication::OnStartup which Burn
will call at the correct moment. See
http://wixtoolset.org/documentation/manual/v3/bundle/ba/bootstrapper_application_interface.html

Interestingly, I searched for 'DllMain' on the web and the second
result was a blog post titled "Don’t do anything in DllMain… Please"

--
Nicolás