Hi All,
I'm getting the following error when performing a 'Change' action from my
installer (installation itself went fine, no errors thrown).I've read that this
is most likely a situation involving the file already being open for read/write
(I'm writing to web.config files), and so ExecXmlFile can't access this...
however I would have expected that ExecXmlFile would have told me which file
this relates to.Is there another issue that might be occurring (based on this
error code), or should I perhaps log a bug ticket against the ExecXmlFile CA to
include the file name that caused the error code to be thrown?
>MSI (s) (E4:E8) [08:32:45:234]: Executing op:
>CustomActionSchedule(Action=ExecXmlFile,ActionType=3073,Source=BinaryData,Target=ExecXmlFile,)>MSI
> (s) (E4:1C) [08:32:45:259]: Invoking remote custom action. DLL:
>C:\Windows\Installer\MSI14A2.tmp, Entrypoint: ExecXmlFile>ExecXmlFile:
>Entering ExecXmlFile in C:\Windows\Installer\MSI14A2.tmp, version
>3.8.1128.0>ExecXmlFile:  Error 0x80070103: failed to process
>CustomActionData>CustomAction ExecXmlFile returned actual error code 1603
>(note this may not be 100% accurate if translation happened inside
>sandbox)>Action ended 8:32:45: InstallFinalize. Return value 3.
Regards,Bevan