Hi,
I'm trying to build a dual-purpose (both per-user and per-machine) package
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd408068.aspx) using WIX 3.8.

I have the following in my package.wxs:

<Wix xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/wix/2006/wi";
RequiredVersion="3.8.1128.0">
  <?include Configuration.wxi ?>
  <Product Id="$(var.ProductId)"
             Name="$(var.ProductName)"
             Language="1033"
             Version="$(var.ProductVersion)"
             Manufacturer="$(var.CompanyName)"
             UpgradeCode="$(var.UpgradeCode)">
    <Package Id="*"
             InstallerVersion="405"
             Compressed="yes"
             Manufacturer="$(var.CompanyName)"
             Description="$(var.PackageDescription)"
             />
    <Property Id="ALLUSERS" Value="2" />
    <Property Id="MSIINSTALLPERUSER" Value="1" />

This seems to have worked when building the .msi (although I had to add an
ignore for ICE57 errors).

However, when I try to bundle the .msi into a bootstrapper as follows:

<Wix xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/wix/2006/wi";>

  <?include BundleConfiguration.wxi ?>

  <?define NetFx45MinRelease = 377811?>

  <Bundle Name="Blah.Bootstrapper"

    Version="1.0.0.0"

    Manufacturer="$(var.CompanyName)"

    UpgradeCode="$(var.UpgradeCode)"

    IconSourceFile="..\Assets\Installer_Icon_31x31.ico">

    <BootstrapperApplicationRef
Id="WixStandardBootstrapperApplication.RtfLicense" />

    <Chain>

      <MsiPackage SourceFile="..\Blah.Client\bin\$(var.Configuration)\Blah
Client.msi"

                  Compressed="yes"

                  DisplayInternalUI="no"

                  Id="Blah.Client"

                  Vital="yes"  />

    </Chain>

  </Bundle>

I get the following warning when building the bootstrapper:

warning LGHT1133: Bundles require a package to be either per-machine or
per-user. The MSI 'C:\Projects\ Installer\WIX\Blah.Client\bin\Debug\Blah
Client.msi' ALLUSERS Property is set to '2' which may change from per-user to
per-machine at install time. The Bundle will assume the package is per-machine
and will not work correctly if that changes. If possible, remove the Property
with Id='ALLUSERS' and use Package/@InstallScope attribute instead.

Also, when I try to run the bootstrapper, I get permission errors and it
doesn't install as a per-user install.

Am I doing something wrong, or does WIX 3.8 not support dual-purpose packages?

Regards,
Peter

This email and any attachment are confidential. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify MYOB by reply email and delete this email. Please note
that you must not access or use this email or any information in it. MYOB
accepts no liability for viruses in this email or in any attachment to it.