Thanks. It seems that we can treat 4.0.3 update in similar manner as netfx4.
First tests show that it is working as expected.

On Friday, January 17, 2014 1:56 PM, Wesley Manning <wmann...@dynagen.ca> wrote:

There's a predefined exepackage in wix; put this in chain: <PackageGroupRef
Id="NetFx40ClientRedist"/>  This installs silently with progress in same window.

Or if you want to create your own exe package use Protocol="netfx4" and I think
InstallCommand to specify command line parameters like quiet mode.

-----Original Message-----
From: Goran Malovic [mailto:malov...@yahoo.com]
Sent: January-17-14 12:57 AM
To: General discussion about the WiX toolset.
Subject: [WiX-users] Install exe package conditionally in bundle

Hi,

I need to install both .net framework and one exe package (update to .net
framework). When bundle starts installing .net framework, following messageis
displayed:
Processing: Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0

After framework is installed, a new installation is started (new window),
installing the update for framework. However, bundle still displays the same
message. Questions:

1) is it possible to display new message, like:

Processing: .Update 4.0.3 for .NET Framework 4.0 (NDP40-KB2600211-x86-x64)

2) is it possible for ExePackage (NDP40-KB2600211-x86-x64.exe) to be shown on
the setup window (bundle), and use bundle progress bar, just like .net
framework and application?

Regards,
Goran