Disregarding for now the log content, is there actually an issue? Do the
file version rules get applied if the file is installed? Assuming of course
that the component itself is actually being installed rather than
conditioned out or in a feature not being installed. There should be a
FileCopy action for it somewhere - if there isn't then it may really not be
scheduled for installation.

What else does it say, the rest of the "Installed: Absent;   Request:
Local;   Action: Local;   Client State: Unknown" stuff....

Phil Wilson