I really need help on this!

I have a background image that is the "same" (or really close) to the
background colour of the MSI progress page (light gray) but the progress
text and action text has a white background don't know how to get the same
hexidecimal numbers for the light gray I choose.

putting the text transparent background seems to muck it up, the text
doesn't seem to refresh on each new text stream so it eventually fills to a
solid black (text colour is black)

thanks,

Steve